MS Blues Trail Markers
The markers tell the stories of blues men and women through words and images, and focus on how the places where they lived and the times in which they existed-and continue to exist-influenced their music: Vicksburg is home to five Blues Trail Markers:
- The Blue Room: (Clay Street between Mulberry and Washington Streets)
- Highway 61 South: Washington Street and Jackson Street (median)
- Marcus Bottom: Halls Ferry Road (between Bowmar Ave. and Lane Street)
- The Red Tops: 721 Clay Street (Corner of Clay Street and Walnut Street)
- Willie Dixon: Willie Dixon Way (on South Street before Mulberry Street)
Duff Green Mansion
A long, wide stairway leads to the wrought-iron laced porch surrounding the main doorway of this magnificent mansion situated in the historic district of Vicksburg.
The newly renovated eight-story tower offers 149 deluxe guest rooms including 14 Jacuzzi suites and 4 executive suites. The hotel is located across the street from all the gaming, entertainment and dining offered at Ameristar Casino.
Shel's Sweets at Martins at Midtown
Monday - Saturday 11:00 am - 2:00 pm; Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm.
Monday - Saturday 5:45 am - 6:30 pm
McDonald's AT cLAY sTREET
Open daily 5:00 am - midnight or later.
Features 150 acres of natural woodlands surrounding a private 12 acre lake and is the ideal place to get away.